Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane

This morning my father gave me a box of old papers and such. Most of it consisted of report cards, school projects and pictures. But I found a handful of Jazz-related items that I collected when I was a kid. A few are shown here, and there will be more forthcoming.

The first is a magnetic schedule from the '91-'92 season. It was sad to see the caricature of Jazz owner Larry H. Miller in happier times with a smile leaning on his new Delta Center. I knew that Miller has been in poor health for some time, and was saddened to hear that he had both of his legs amputated below the knees yesterday due to diabetes related complications.






I also found this certificate from a Jazz basketball camp that was hosted by Ron Boone. In addition to Booner's autograph the certificate was signed by such legendary Jazz guards as Delaney Rudd and Eric Johnson.






In the pile of papers I found a Home Court magazine from 2000 which featured this picture of Adam 'The Garbageman' Keefe (not queef). If only that guy would have stayed around. Oh what could have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment